I’m excited for this post. Like, really excited. Mainly because I really needed to do the research not just for you all, but for myself.
I love, love, love, a good cocktail. It’s my jam Beer? Not so much. Wine? Um yes please of course. But there’s a time and a place for wine. And a time and a place for a kick-ass cocktail.
But cocktails can be really detrimental to your healthy lifestyle. SERIOUSLY.
Jammed packed with artificial sweeteners, hangover causing ingredients, boat loads of sugar, you name it.
So I wanted to take the time to find “skinny” versions of some of our favorite cocktails and also highlight some low cal classics!
Healthy with Nedi’s Cucumber Martini
– 4 thick slices of cucumber, 1 for garnish
– 10 mint leafs
– 4 oz vodka
– 1 oz fresh lime juice
Muddle cucumber and mint in a cocktail shaker before adding vodka and lime juice. Shake over ice before pouring.
* my main go-to. Just ask the bartender for the following ingredients, and they’ll know what to do!
– 2 oz blanco tequila
– splash of Cointreau
– lemon juice
– lots of fresh lime
– if you like some tang, you can ask for a dash of a sour mix
Sugar Free Mojito
– 2 oz rum
– handful mint leaves to muddle
– soda water
– fresh limes
* whenever I see a bar with fresh orange slices, I know they can make a natural mimosa, perfect for brunch and day drinking 🙂
– Glass of Champagne
– Juice from a couple orange slices
Guilt-Less Pina Colada
*a Summer must! Still has some sugar due to coconut rum and pineapple juice but nothing compared to the original that tops 700 calories!
– coconut rum
– club soda
– splash of pineapple juice
Low Cal Classics:
– if made correctly, it’s nothing more than vodka, lime juice, and a splash of cranberry juice
Rum & Diet Coke
– if you’re a soda drinker, this is a great twist on the original that will cut your calories
*I don’t recommend diet sodas at all, or any type of soda, but hey it’s not for everyone
– boring I know, but efficient. I like to get mine with a flavored vodka for a little extra fun!
Gin & Tonic
– Get this, Gin only has 10 calories per ounce!
I hope this post helps you in any way next time you’re in the mood for a delicious cocktail but don’t want to ruin all your hard work! Since taking the time to research this topic more, I’ve definitely found that having these tips in the back of my mind help A LOT when it comes to ordering.